Health Department Fee Increases
The Southern Nevada Health District has proposed the fee increases listed below which will be imposed November 1, 2019.
- Increase the hourly EH rate to $143.00
- New fee of $400.00 for B Downgrades with 14-17 demerits
- New fee of $600.00 for B Downgrades with 18-20 demerits
- Increase in the C Downgrade fee to $1,200.00
- Increase in the Food Establishment Closure fee to $1,400.00
- New fee of $715.00 for Contingency Plan Reviews
- New fee of $715.00 for Consolidated Grade Card Approvals
- New hourly fee of $143.00 for Solid Waste Annual Report Reviews
- New fee of $20.00 per person for Low-Risk Food Handler Training
- New fee of $389.00 for Secondary Permits-Plan Review fee for food processers
- New permit fee of $239.00 annually for Juvenile/Penal Institutions
- New fee of 200% of the permit fee for expedited inspection requests
- New fee of $143.00 per hour for cost recovery on Disease Investigations
- Admin cleanup for unused categories and assigning fees to correct categories
- Decrease Pool Operator/Technician fee to $20.00 for new; $15.00 for renewals
You have the opportunity to state your arguments if these changes will
1. Impose a direct and significant economic burden upon a business; or
2. Directly restrict the formation, operation, or expansion of a business.
Comments must be submitted by August 30, 2019, to Heather Hanoff, firstname.lastname@example.org You may also give testimony and present arguments at any Public comment workshops.
August 14, 2019, Wednesday, 10:30 a.m., Laughlin Regional Government Center, 101 Civic Way, Laughlin, in Rooms 1 and 2.
August 15, 2019, Thursday, 10:00 a.m., Mesquite City Hall, 10 East Mesquite Boulevard, Mesquite, in Training Rooms A and B (Upstairs).
August 21, 2019, Wednesday, 5:00 p.m., SNHD Public Health Center, 280 South Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, in the Red Rock Conference Room.
August 23, 2019, Friday, 9:00 a.m., SNHD Public Health Center, 280 South Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, in the Red Rock Conference Room
For more Information click here.